Have you been preparing for the inevitable zombie apocalypse? The first step is to start work on your plan of action. If you have already done that, you might need some serious survival gear to fight off the undead. At CoolStuffStreet we’ve got you! We have compiled a list of the top 10 essentials for survival. We can’t speak to your survival strategy, but with these 10 essentials, you’ll definitely increase your chance of survival.
- Gerber Apocalypse Kit – When taking on zombies, the first thing to keep in mind is the importance of stealth. Melee attacks may not be ideal when taking on zombies in bunches, but if there are a few blocking you from getting where you need to go, stealth attacks can be extremely effective. The Gerber Apocalypse Kit includes three knives (Gerber LMF II Infantry, Gerber DMF folder and Gerber Epic), two machetes (Gerber Gator Machete and Gerber Gator Machete Pro), Gerber Camp Axe II and Bear Grylls Survival Series Parang. The sturdy canvas carrying case is great for easy transportation, and we don’t have to tell you how important that is.
- Lifesaver Systems 4000 Ultra Filtration Water Bottle – The most vital requirement for survival is water. As humans, we cannot survive longer than three days without drinking water. You always need to look out for fresh drinking water. The road will be tough and sometimes you will come across bodies of water that don’t seem to be pure or healthy for drinking. With the Lifesaver Ultra Filtration Water Bottle you won’t have to worry about wasting time examining water. In 60 seconds, the water bottle by Lifesaver eliminates virus, bacteria and fungi from 750 ml of water.
- Blackhawk S.O.L.A.G. HD Kevlar Gloves – With all the close action combat you are going to have to get through, you need some strong and sturdy gloves. The Blackhawk S.O.L.A.G. HD Kevlar Gloves include hard shell plates, you’ll be able go after zombies like they were your own personal punching bag. These heavy-duty gloves are perfect for any terrain, which is great for the constantly changing game plan. Don’t sacrifice agility for protection when you can have both with the Blackhawk S.O.L.A.G. HD Kevlar Gloves.
- Fox Titan Sport Jacket Upper Body Armor – While we all loved Glenn Rhee rocking the riot gear in The Walking Dead, we have to realize the bulkiness is really going to weigh you down. The Fox Titan Sport Jacket Upper Body Armor provides elite protection while allowing you to be incredibly mobile. The brute force of riot gear is great, but the key to survival is the ability to be versatile because sometimes you may have to be willing to flee to fight another day.
- Leatherman MUT EOD Multi-Tool – As you plan your survival strategy, you must consider the endless independent variables. You must be ready for any scenario that the post-apocalyptic world may throw at you. A Swiss army knife may do the trick, but the Leatherman MUT EOD Multi-Tool will do the trick. When including practicality and functionality into the equation, the clear-cut choice is the Leatherman MUT EOD Multi-Tool. The multi-tool by Leatherman includes multiple pliers, wire cutters, knife, saw, cutting hook, hammer, bolt overdrive tool, bronze carbon scraper, firearm disassembly punch, and so much more!
- Vanguard Endeavor ED Binocular – One common mistake in survival situations is running into unknown scenarios blind. With the Vanguard Endeavor ED Binocular, you can scout for your next big supply run. These waterproof binoculars are perfect for scouting the undead from afar in any terrain. Stay out of harms way until you decide the best course of action with the Vanguard Endeavor ED Binocular.
- Wolverine Steel Toe Boots – Whether you need to kick down toes or hike through rocky terrain, the Wolverine Steel Toe Boots are the perfect high-quality boots. With the steel toe, these slip-resistant boots are perfect for any scenario. Stay mobile and avoid injury with these awesome Wolverine Steel Toe Boots.
- United Cutlery Kommando Tactical Survival Shovel with Sheath – The key to your survival will be preparation and versatility. You need to be prepared with anything that the post-apocalyptic world may throw at you while staying light and agile. That being said, multi-use tools and weaponry will be extremely important. The United Cutlery Kommando Tactical Survival Shovel, with its stainless-steel shovel head, is virtually indestructible for starters. The United Cutlery Kommando Tactical Survival Shovel will also double up as an incredibly effective weapon. The point of the shovel is sharpened and has a serrated edge on one side with a concave chopping edge on the other.
- 5.11 Tactical Field Ops Watch – The 5.11 Tactical Field Ops Watch, is more than just an ordinary watch. The SureShot ballistic calculator, chronograph and digital compass are just a few of the incredible features that the 5.11 Tactical Field Ops Watch offers. With a high-density poly-carbonate frame and polyurethane wrist band, the 5.11 Tactical Field Ops Watch is built for toughness.
- Coleman Expedition First Aid Kit – With everything the new world will throw your way, you don’t want to be caught without a first aid kit. The smallest cut can lead to an infection that can seriously delay your plans or worse. The 200 piece Coleman Expedition First Aid Kit has everything you will need from a cold pack to gloves, anti-bacterial wipes and bandages.
At CoolStuffStreet our goal is to make your life easier by compiling all the coolest gear on the internet. Check out all of this awesome survival apparatus as you prepare for the inevitable zombie apocalypse!